Friday, November 1, 2013

Make My Saturday Sweet - Blog Hop #56

South Africa will be celebrating International / Universal Children's Day on the 2nd of November. I went to Wikipedia to find out more about this day.

"Universal Children's Day takes place annually on November 20. First proclaimed by the United Nations General Assembly in 1954, it was established to encourage all countries to institute a day, firstly to promote mutual exchange and understanding among children and secondly to initiate action to benefit and promote the welfare of the world's children.

"This day is observed to promote the objectives outlined in the Charter and for the welfare of children. On November 20, 1959 the United Nations adopted the Declaration of the Rights of the Child.... Universal Children's Day is not simply a day to celebrate children for who they are, but to bring awareness to children around the globe that have succumbed to violence in forms of abuse, exploitation and discrimination."


The safety and care of children is very close to my heart. There's a wonderful organization in Cape Town called Jelly Beanz Inc. who have set this day aside to "celebrate children - their joyfulness, innocence, energy and creativity." And to, "remember those children who have to struggle on a daily basis for their emotional and physical survival."

Jelly Beanz Inc. is a national non-profit organization that offers creative African interventions to address child abuse and trauma. South African children are amongst the most traumatized in the world. To find out more, visit the Jelly Beanz website and like them on Facebook.

*********************

I'm participating in Create With Joy's Friendship Friday. The theme for this month is "Gratitude." I also invite you to link your favorite blog post from this past week below on my Make My Saturday Sweet blog hop. Don't forget to visit the two posts that were linked before yours and make their Saturday sweet!

I'm thankful for my sweet
little Amanda.

I'm thankful for sisters
that get along well.

I'm thankful for my wonderful son
and big brother to three sisters.

I'm thankful for the love between
our two cats. Look how they cuddle!

I'm thankful for the stunning view
from my kitchen window.

I'm thankful for the beautiful region
we live in, the Western Cape, and
the fun day trips we get to have.
This is the Cape Town Waterfront.

*********************

It's time for another Make My Saturday Sweet blog hop!

Join me (your host) for this fun and easy hop.
All family friendly blogs are welcome!


If you host your own blog hop(s), then feel free to
link them on my Blog Hops page!


I would love for you to follow me on


Follow on Bloglovin


Leave me a comment with your link and I will follow back!

Here are the easy rules:

  • Follow Tina (your host) @ Amanda's Books and More.
  • Link up your family friendly blog.
  • Please try to add my hop button on your most recent post or on your side-bar.
  • Share about this hop on Twitter, Google+ or Facebook.
  • Visit at least the last two blogs before your link and leave a comment.
  • Follow any new blogs that you like.


Blog Button Code:

Amanda’s Books and More


This is a blog hop!


© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena