Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Our Day in Pictures and #WW #Linky

Welcome to my Picture Perfect
Party Linky #115!


My teenagers have grown up without Halloween and trick-or-treating. It's not really celebrated in South Africa, so I decided for the first time to do something for Amanda. I surprised her with clues and a treasure hunt. We've got this little maze at the Botanical Gardens near us and I made her wait while I ran through it hiding little gifts. Her favorite gifts were the pink hair spray and the black slime. At least she wasn't inundated with candy.

This is our Halloween in pictures.

Click on the images to view them larger.


Amanda spotted this tortoise on
our way back to the car.


A huge rain spider came to visit.
Check out Amanda's pink hair spray.


We made caramel popcorn balls.
The recipe is below.









Boy and Spider in Neon

Boy and Spider in Pencil Sketch

Yes, we had a very interesting day!


Easy Caramel Popcorn Balls Recipe:
300 ml (1 1/4 cups) sugar
250 ml (1 cup) golden syrup
1 packet (about 80 g) Jell-O (choose your favorite flavor)
3 liters (about 13 cups) plain popped popcorn

Heat the sugar, syrup and Jell-O until melted (about 5 min.) stirring gently. Then pour this syrup over the popcorn in a bowl and stir it in with a spoon (don't use a plastic spoon or bowl as the syrup is very hot). Once it's cooled enough to handle, oil hands well and shape into balls. Please be extra careful with children helping as the syrup can seriously burn a person. These popcorn balls are sticky. You can try to dry them out in the oven, but I just wrapped ours in cling wrap.


***************************

Have you ever seen an eco pool?
Visit my latest post on



*********************

My Latest Book Reviews


and a $25 Giveaway!

Mothers Love Can Conquer Any Fear - cover - Kommuru books


Sweet T and the North Wind

Sweet T and the North Wind

*********************

Blog Buttons

Now you can order your own personalized
blog buttons with HTML, Facebook covers
or collages (example: Pinterest-ing pins)!
Just visit my page: Blog Buttons to Order


***************************

Now on to my blog hop...

Amanda’s Books and More

Come link up your Wordless Wednesday
(with or without words) or any picture post
at this Picture Perfect Party Linky.
Join me on this fun and easy blog hop!


If you host your own blog hop(s), then feel free
to link them on my Blog Hops page!


I would love for you to follow me on
and
Follow on Bloglovin


Here are the easy rules:
  • Follow me on one or more links above or via email.
  • Link-up your post with a picture and follow as many new blogs as you like.
  • If possible, copy the button code below and add it on your linked post or blog's side-bar.
  • Tell others about this hop on Twitter, Google+ or Facebook.

The Button Code:

Amanda’s Books and More

This is a Wordless Wednesday blog hop.




© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena