Thursday, March 26, 2015

Easy Chocolate Cake Recipe with Weekend Linky

Welcome to my weekend blog hop -
Make My Saturday Sweet #122!

My blog is best viewed in Google Chrome


Last Saturday I shared a buttermilk biscuit recipe that Amanda and I tried. I've got another one for today that is super easy and yummy. Amanda and I often bake together and I don't share that side of our lives on this blog as much as I could.

It's not going to become my new weekend theme. My weekend posts are pretty flexible. I basically live in the moment.

My recipe is a version of this one by Planning with Kids. You can see my steps by following along with the photos and the ingredients are listed at the end. Amanda (age 7) is doing all the steps, except for one, and I took the photos. She gave me the job to crack the eggs and she took that photo. Amanda can crack eggs, but she doesn't like getting any on her hands.

We baked this cake at night, so the lighting in the photos wasn't always great.


Easy Chocolate Cake Recipe

This cake is best eaten while
still warm on the same day.

Turn the oven on to 180 C / 350 F

Melt butter, add sugar

Add cocoa powder

Stir the cocoa in well

Add vanilla essence

Add the milk and stir again

In another bowl, add the flour

Add the baking powder

Whisk together

Add the chocolate mixture to the flour mixture

Add the eggs

Beat with an electric mixer

Pour cake batter into a greased dish or pan

Bake for about 45 min.
Mine was done before the time


Easy Chocolate Cake

1 c. flour
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
125 g. butter melted
1 c. sugar
2 Tbsp.cocoa
1 tsp. vanilla
½ c. milk
2 eggs
180 C / 350 F
Bake for 45 min. or until sides are pulling
away from the pan and a toothpick
inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Let it cool in the pan on a wire rack.
Best eaten warm on same day


*********************


Now you can order your own personalized
blog buttons with HTML, Facebook covers
or collages (example: Pinterest-ing pins)!
Just visit my page: Blog Buttons to Order

*********************

Make My Saturday Sweet is a weekend blog hop for all family friendly blogs. You are welcome to link your favorite post from the past week(s) and to visit the last link before yours and leave a sweet comment. It's a really easy and fun way to make new friends and to catch up on old acquaintances.

Now on to my blog hop...

Amanda’s Books and More

It's time for another Make My Saturday Sweet blog hop!

Join me (your host) for this fun and easy hop.
All family friendly blogs are welcome!

If you host your own blog hop(s), then feel free to
link them on my Blog Hops page!

I would love for you to follow me on
I'm also now on Instagram!

Here are the easy rules:
  • Follow Tina (your host) on one or more links listed above.
  • Link up a post from your family friendly blog.
  • Please try to add my hop button on your post or side-bar.
  • Share about this hop on Twitter, Google+ or Facebook.
  • Visit the last link before yours and leave a sweet comment.
Blog Button Code:

Amanda’s Books and More

This is a blog hop!

Visit my Blog Hops page to see what link parties I take part in.

© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena