Tuesday, March 10, 2015

My 40th Birthday with WW Linky

Welcome to my Picture Perfect
Party Linky #132!

This blog is best viewed in Google Chrome.
Click on the images to view them larger.

The morning of my birthday
(Amanda made a lot of art for me)

My family spoiled me on my 40th Birthday. It began with Hubby making breakfast for me and later throwing a surprise party with the help of our girls and my in-laws. The spread of food was compliments of my mom-in-law. Hubby made the iced-tea punches while I was out. I really didn't suspect anything, since we had reservations at a 5 star hotel in Cape Town and I thought the day was full enough.

We were given a booklet of vouchers for the Taj Hotel as a Christmas gift, and this was our first time taking advantage of them. Twenty years ago, on my 20th birthday, my husband and I had our first dinner date at the Taj Hotel in Bombay (now Mumbai). It was a "coincidence" that we were given the vouchers to this particular hotel and in the same year as the 20th anniversary of our first date. (I believe that God had His hand in it.) My in-laws stayed with the girls and took them to school the following morning and Hubby hired a Mercedes so that we could go in style.

Food by my mother-in-law
Photo by my father-in-law

Photo taken by my father-in-law
Samantha is in the pink dress with the jean jacket,
Jessica is in the blue dress with shoulder straps
and Amanda is wearing her school uniform
(blue shorts and polo shirt)

A  Delicious Pineapple Birthday Cake
baked by a Brazilian baker

Complimentary Dessert at the Taj


The Taj Cape Town

The Mercedes that Hubby hired.

Hubby picked the girls up from their high school
in the Mercedes, before we had to return it.

I posted this photo on my weekend blog hop.

*********************

Check out my latest post on 1camera1mom -
World of Birds - Part 2, South Africa



*********************

My Latest Book Post
with $25 Giveaway

with New Covers Reveal

Princess Madeline Trilogy

I have read all three books and recommend you check them out!


*********************


Now on to my blog hop...

Amanda’s Books and More

Come link up your Wordless Wednesday
(with or without words) or any picture post
at this Picture Perfect Party Linky.
Join me on this fun and easy blog hop!


If you host your own blog hop(s), then feel free
to link them on my Blog Hops page!


I would love for you to follow me on
and
Follow on Bloglovin

I'm also now on Instagram!


Here are the easy rules:
  • Follow me on one or more links above or via email.
  • Link-up your post with a picture and follow as many new blogs as you like.
  • If possible, copy the button code below and add it on your linked post or blog's side-bar.
  • Tell others about this hop on Twitter, Google+ or Facebook.

The Button Code:

Amanda’s Books and More

This is a Wordless Wednesday blog hop.



Visit my Blog Hops page to see the hops that I often link up to.

© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena